This page is created to share the useful information you need to get started with Build & Deployment for Jira
About Build & Deployment for Jira
Build & Deployment for Jira is a plugin that Integrate Jira and Bamboo to manage the development process from CI to CD.
Build & Deployment for Jira can be installed only for Jira Server at present.
We will update various features through user's valuable feedback.
How To Install
Please check the below before start to install
- You should have a Jira Server Administrators Account.
- Check the version of current Jira and supported version of 'Build & Deployment for Jira'.
: Plugin SDK 8.0.16
: Jira Server 7.6.1 - 8.2.1, Bamboo Server 6.2.1 - 6.9.2
- Supported Languages : English
Build & Deployment for Jira Installing Guide for Administrator
- Log into Jira instance as an admin.
- Click 'Setting' on the left navigation bar.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
Locate Attachments Manager for Confluence via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Build & Deployment for Jira and 'Try in free' on the top of the right.
How To Use
STEP 1 Manage Jira and Bamboo setting
1. Linking Jira to Bamboo
: Set up an 'application link' to link across multiple Atlassian products.
There are two OAuth security models. Please check 'OAuth' and 'OAuth with impersonation' before setting. You must set up an application link 'OAuth with impersonation' model to implement the add-on.
2. Connecting Jira to Bamboo for user management
3. Setting a user permission in Bamboo
: Assign a user to give permission of build/release/deployment. You can set the number of users by customizing for each company's development environment.
4. Creating a custom field in Jira
5. Creating a Project role in Jira and adding users
6. Configuration Setting
: Select the project role in Configuration.
STEP 2 Creating issue in Jira
- Click '+' icon and select Bamboo information on the bottom.
build project build plan deployment project deployment environment
You can set up a number of custom fields to build and deploy multiple projects
STEP 3 Deploying a project in Jira
1. The Build Plan builds when a user who have permission to build in Bamboo ('builder') clicks the BUILD button.
2. The Deployment Project releases when a user who have permission to release in Bamboo ('builder') clicks the RELEASE button.
3. After a user in charge of project role ('approver') clicks ARRROVE button, DEPLOY button is activated.
4. After a user who have permission to deploy in Bamboo ('deployer') clicks the DEPLOY button, the deployment finally completed.
STEP 4 Tracking the history of all updates
- View history of all updates that have been made in an issue.
Q1. After clicking Build/Release/Deploy button, the Status spinner keeps on loading.
When you build and deploy multiple projects, the loading may be delayed.
If the spinner keeps on loading infinitely, click 'F5' to refresh the screen.
Q2. I create an issue but would like to modify the Bamboo custom filed.
Bamboo custom field can not be modified after creating issue.
Change the Workflow status to end/cancel the issue, and create another issue to set the Bamboo information setting again.
- No labels